Parisian sequence today, to talk about the Universal Officine Buly 1803, the latest creation of Victoire de Taillac and Ramdame Touhami, who have revived the Officine of Jean-Vincent Bully, founded in 1803 and located at that time, in rue St Honoré, at N°6 rue Bonaparte, in the area of Saint Germain-des-Près.
What is on offer is a trip back in time, with smoothness, naturalness and refinement.
First, the place is an essential element of the trip, which was thought out carefully with a lot of details : Tuscany tile floor, antique shelves, marble counter, thick amber glass jars … we are immediately transported and curious to discover what may be hiding in these containers.
To create its products, Buly 1803 (with one “L”) refers to the innovative spirit of Jean-Vincent Bully (with double “L”), whose pharmacy was in the 19th century, a reference for the invention of the first cosmetics and perfumery formulas.
It’s why, Buly 1803 now uses the latest innovations in contemporary cosmetics, but remains faithful to the naturalness of the old recipes.
Manufactured in a French laboratory, with perfumes and ingredients from around the world and across history, you will find:
- alcohol free perfumes, oils, clays, water, powders for the face and body,
- Incenses like “Mount Athos” in Greece, candles or matches, with evocative names like “Return from Egypt” or “Italian Campaign”, for your home …
Packaging, also, remains faithful to the past, calligraphy and design are particularly studied to refer to the history of the original apothecary.
Here is my selection !
- To achieve facial cleaning, the “Eau superfine” enriched with rose-distillate water refreshes and harmonises skin tone.
- The “Pommade concrete” is a balm for the care of hands and feet : chamomile water counters the irritating and drying effects of cold, friction, water and fresh air.
- For water-based perfume : you can choose between “Eau double“, whose lightness is comparable to a Cologne, and “Eau triple”, whose sustained presence is comparable to an essence.
Eight fragrant combinations have been created : Bigarade, Tuberose, Scottish Lichen, Makassar, Bergamot, Damask Rose, English Honey and Al Kassi.
- Newly arrived, cleansing and massaging Japanese brushes : extremely soft, they are great for cleaning the skin on the face and body. They are also recommended by Buly, to massage the skin in order to boost blood circulation.
For more information, I invite you to go directly to – 6 rue Bonaparte, 75006 Paris – and I also recommend that you visit their beautiful website, a perfect reflection of this amazing place : Buly 1803